Your link building should always be methodical and planned out correctly to acquire a diverse group of one way links pointing to your website. Social media activity is starting to show up in Google webmaster tools so having a focus on branding your business in the social space will be just as important as anything else. Your in-bound link structure should be diverse and robust..
Here my typical link building laundry list:
- 1. Press releases (PRleap, 888 press release, PRWeb, etc…)
- 2. Article directories (Associated Content, Ezine Articles, etc…)
- 3. Niche business directories. (Do your research!)
- 4. Wiki’s (Aboutus.org, wikispaces, etc…)
- 5. Business related profiles (Business.com, Merchant Circle, etc…)
- 6. Social networking profiles (Twitter, Facebook, etc…)